A bowl of this chicken chili immediately comes to mind when we’re craving something hearty and healthy. This Simple recipe for White Bean Chicken Chili is loaded with flavor from the homemade chicken broth, the warm spices and the hearty flavors from the beans.
This is such a comforting soup for the cold winter nights, yet perfectly light and refreshing for the warm days as well.
What is better than tender chicken thighs simmered in a homemade hearty base makes a very comforting dish that you will crave all the time and doesnt matter what’s the temperature outside.
If you enjoy the bold and comforting flavors of chili but want something lighter, this recipe is for you! There’s no need to give up the bold, comforting flavors of chili just because you want a lighter meal.
- It’s made with delicious and juicy chicken
- The perfect meal prep dish
- Spicy, without being super hot
- The perfect balance of spicy, sweet, salty and yet very light dish
Chili is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat, tomatoes and optionally kidney beans.
Looking for a hearty soup that the whole family will enjoy? Then you need a bowl of warm comfort food that the whole family can enjoy – a bowl of this delicious White Bean Chicken Chili.
The layers of flavors make it all worthwhile. This soup will make your weeknight dinner sing,
- Season the chicken well and brown the meat – it will give you an amazing flavor
- Don’t rush to add the veggies
- Let is stew for at least 45 minutes. Let the flavors develop
- Use a good combination of chili peppers, jalapeno, poblano, etc. or a good jar of green salsa
You can Add your favorite toppings. Here is my favorite ones:
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Cheddar cheese
- Crispy bacon
- Tortilla chips
- Corn bread
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 Medium yellow onion - finely diced
- 3 Cups chicken Broth or Stock
- 45 oz. canned white beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup green salsa
- 1/2 -1 Jalapeno - finely diced
- 1 carrot - finely chopped
- 1 Stalk celery - finely chopped
- 1 poblano pepper - finely chopped
- salt & pepper - to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley & cilantro - chopped
- Pat dry the chicken tights and season with salt, pepper, cumin, onion and garlic powder, chili and cumin powder.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil. Add the chicken thighs and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until they start to get golden brown color.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, poblano pepper and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green salsa, and more of the spices and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to pot and add the white beans. Bring to a simmer and let cook, 15 minutes.Remove from stove and add the fresh parsley and or cilantro.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with parsley, cilantro, cheese, and chips before serving or with your favorite toppings.