Trying to find something elegant and delicious to cook for that special someone or the guests at your next dinner party? Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon will make them talk about your culinary skills for a very long time.
Elegant, simple, stunning, delicious. These Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon are absolutely smashing.
Our stuffed chicken recipe is one of our favorites and we love the blend of flavors and textures. It takes a little effort, but we keep it simple and definitely low carb. Each stuffed chicken breast has only 3g of net carbohydrates and its the perfect low carb dish. This recipe came for out love for spinach and cream cheese.
If you think that they are difficult to make you are wrong! You will be able to master this recipe no matter of your culinary ability and skills. I love to make for special occasions for my guest but they are easy to make for your weeknight as well. They are also a perfect freezer meal-prep dish!
Sauté spinach, cream cheese, ricotta, jalapeno, zest of lemon and herbs filling stuffed in juicy tender chicken, cover with crispy bacon- how can you resist this? Make your weeknight dinner a hit with this recipe.
- It’s done in one pan
- Takes 35 minutes to have this elegant dish
- Perfect dish for the Holiday Season Dinner
- Perfect freezer food -cooks perfectly
- Made with easy to find natural ingredients
- Don’t just drain it. Squeeze that spinach! Excess water will only subtract from all that flavor packed into this dish.
- Toothpicks are needed to hold the chicken together and so the bacon does not fall away from the chicken when baking. They should be easy to remove before serving.
- Crisp the wrapped chicken with bacon before finish it in the oven. That way you will have crispy exterior and juicy and tender chicken on the inside.
Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon
- 4 chicken thighs - boneless, skinless
- 4 slices bacon - uncooked
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 oz. ricotta cheese - optional
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup sauté spinach - drain
- parsley - chopped
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. fresh jalapeno - diced
- Carefully butterfly the chicken breasts and then pound until thin (about 1/4 inch).
- In a medium sized skillet sauté spinach foe about 2 minutes, Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a medium size bawl, add the sauté spinach ( squeeze all the liquid ), softened cream cheese, ricotta cheese garlic and onion powder, chopped parsley, red chili flakes and fresh chopped jalapeno and mix well everything.
- Season all the chicken thighs with salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- With a small spoon place the cheese and spinach filling over the flattened chicken thighs. Roll up carefully. Wrap with slices of bacon and secure with rounded toothpicks.
- In a large cast Iron skillet add a tbsp. oil and heat up over medium high temperature. Carefully add the chicken rolls and cook for a 2-3 minutes per side. With a thongs turn the rolls carefully to cook evenly on all sides.
- Finish it in pre heat oven on 425F. Cover the cast iron skillet with foil. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 3-5 minutes.