There’s nothing better than this rich and deliciously smooth Roasted Tomato Soup that’s full of fresh herbs and roasted tomatoes, onions and garlic, that give this soup such a sweetness. Served with the best Grilled Cheese Sandwich , its a truly the best combination on earth. This recipe is well-loved by the whole family. Who can resist the best kind of comfort food.
Officially the summer is over and is the Soup season. Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Roasted Tomato Soup- yes pleas. One of my favorite wintertime comfort soups. Creamy ( minus the cream),delicious and so good to warm you up during the cold season. Also my kids love it too so its win-win for me when I struggle to find new ways to give them something fun and nutritious. My favorite tomato soup recipe, it comes together so quickly and will be enjoyed by the entire family.
This is comfort food season around here, and homemade soups are making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. There is no better tomato soup recipe for making your family happy. It comes together in a flash and is a dish the whole family will enjoy. Your weekly recipe rotation will include this bowl of comfort!
- Easy weeknight dinner
- Amazing flavor
- Healthy and Low Fat
- Simple Ingredients list
- No Dairy, No Sugar
- The perfect combination of rich, complex, and delicious
- Roasting the tomatoes will help them sweeten and become caramelized, leading to that rich tomato soup flavor.
- By adding garlic, onion and carrots to the pan will give you the sweetness and creaminess of the soup.
- For more body and flavor you can use half chicken broth and half veggie.
- Use dry and fresh herbs -the combination will make the soup even more flavorful.
What Type Of Tomatoes Should I Use?
You can use any variety of tomatoes that you have handy! In my opinion, using plum tomatoes or Roma tomatoes is your best option for quality and flavor, but anything else will be good as well.
What Do You Serve The Soup With?
Well we all know what is best to serve with this soup-Grilled Cheese Sandwich. This is the best combination in the world, best friends and the best marriage of flavor and ingredients. You can have this soup just with toasted bread or croutons. Believe me it will be delicious.
What is the difference between Tomato Soup and Tomato Bisque?
Both recipes are similar, Bisque usually have a dairy cream for more richness, where the Soup contains only vegetables or chicken stock.
How to Store the Soup?
Store tomato soup in an airtight glass or plastic container and it will last in the fridge for 3 – 4 days.
Tomato soup also freezes very well. Place into a airtight container and it will extend the shelf life for up to 6 months.
More recipe for you to try:
- Quick and Easy Minestrone Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup-The Ultimate Mexican Comfort Soup
- Avgolemono Soup (Chicken Orzo Lemon Soup)
- The Perfect Oven Roasted Potatoes
- White Bean Chicken Chili- The Perfect Super Bowl Dish
- Roasted Red Pepper and Gouda Soup
Roasted Tomato Soup
Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 425 F.
Prepare the tomatoes:
- Cut on halves the tomatoes, carrots and one onion and place it on the baking sheet pan cover with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until all vegies start to char.
- In a large Dutch or heavy soup pot heat a 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium temperature and sauté the half of the onion for a 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until aromatic.
- Add the roasted tomatoes, carrots and onion and add the white wine. Cook for about a minute and then add the veggie broth and herbs. Simmer for 20 -25 minutes.
- Blend the soup with emergency blender or transfer it to a blender and blended on batches. taste and season with more salt and pepper.
- While the soup is simmering make your grilled cheese sandwich to serve with the Roasted Tomato Soup or just with toasted bread.
- You can use any variety of tomatoes that you have handy, I used Roma tomatoes.
- You can use chicken broth if that’s more convenient.
- Roasting the carrots, onion and tomatoes give that sweetness to the soup, so you don’t need to add sugar to it.
- This soup is perfect to be freezer and reheated as need it. Just store it in a freezer containers up to 6 months.