This recipe is super easy. When I say super easy I mean you don’t need to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and creating a mess after you. This recipe takes only 10-15 minutes to prepared from start to finish and it takes only one pan and a parchment paper.
We are going back to basics with this recipe. Only 4 ingredients and you have succulent and tender shrimp. This oven baked shrimp are simply amazing and delicious.
I know a lot of you are looking for crazy and glitzy recipe, but sometimes you just need the simple, yet tasteful recipes. That’s what this blog is all about! I am here o share with you all my recipes and techniques from super lavish like my Chicken Liver Pate to extremely simple like my Mini Bagel Italian Sandwich.
This Oven baked Shrimp recipe is one of the easiest ways to prepare shrimp with no fuzz. Literally takes 5-6 minutes to cook them and the same amount of time to prep them. It doesn’t get much better than a recipe that takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish.
This recipe is for anyone who doesn’t want to spend much time in the kitchen making a meal! Believe me even if you don’t slave your self in the kitchen you will still end up with juicy and perfectly cooked shrimp.
- Perfect for big parties and gatherings
- Amazing Valentines ‘Day Appetizer
- Made with easy to find natural ingredients
- Easy to make with no fuss
- Perfect to make ahead dish
Minimal amount of prep work, short list of ingredients and no big mess after you are done with the cooking. This is perfect easy and delicious prep of the scrimp for appetizers or a meal and for anyone who doesn’t want to spend much time in the kitchen.
Shrimps are very versatile seafood gem. You can use this Oven Baked Shrimp to added to your pasta dish, make a perfect Shrimp Cocktail or for Bloody Mary Shrimp Appetizer.
Serve those Oven Baked Shrimp on a Taco, Salad or just like this.
To get the perfect seared and juicy shrimp you need to get a few things right.
- You can use fresh or frozen Shrimp. If you use frozen make sure they are fully defrosted
- We will Bake the shrimp. Yes BAKE-takes only 5-6 minutes and they are juicy and tender.
- Pad dry the shrimp before baking
- Season well the shrimp before cooking
- Keep an eye on your shrimp, you don’t want to overcook them and make them rubbery
- The Meat off the shrimp will turn combination of white, pink and opaque when it’s finished cooking.
- Every oven is different, and the size of your shrimp will depend on the cook time, but it takes 5-6 minutes for shrimp to be done.
If you have any leftovers you can keep the shrimp in the fridge for 3-4 DAYS in an airtight container, so feel free to make them ahead of time!
Oven Baked Shrimp
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp - peel and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 onion powder
- salt - to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Make sure the rack is in the middle position.
- Pat it dry the shrimp with paper towels and add then to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the shrimp and season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Toss well, making sure the shrimp is fully coated, add more oil if needed.
- Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet or casserole dish in a single layer. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp turns white, pink and opaque .
- Keep an eye on your shrimp, you don’t want to overcook them and make them rubbery!
- I always recommend using fresh shrimp, but if you do use frozen, just make sure the shrimp is fully thawed and remove any excess water before baking!
- After cooking you can store them in the fridge in tight lid container for 2-3 days.