How to make your chicken more exciting? Here is this epic Miso Chicken Bites recipe that will change your flavor profile for ever. So delicious, will be no regrets… only you craving more of this Miso Chicken Bites every week.
If you are fan of the Japanese cuisine this recipe is a total game changer for you. Its super easy recipe bursting with flavors and its a perfect choice for big parties ang gatherings. Everyone will be in a we of this little morsels. Serve them banquet – style at your next dinner party so everyone can help themselves or as an easy midweek meal… the kids will love them too! My kids are crazy about them, and I am too.
Juicy, plump miso chicken bites with lashings of spicy chilli oil… it doesn’t get much better than this!
What is Miso?
Miso is a fermented soy bean paste that’s used a lot in Japanese cooking. It’s made by fermenting steamed soy beans with salt, grains (usually rice or barley) and koji, a type of fungus. But don’t let that deter you – it’s a great way to add flavor to meat, fish and more.
Miso paste is one of those ingredients I often get asked about: namely, what is miso and what is it used for?
Well, it’s a fantastic staple to have in your fridge, as it brings a gorgeous salty, savouriness to dishes. Most miso originates from Japan and is used in a lot of Japanese cuisine. You’ve no doubt heard of miso soup, but I also love adding this ingredient to vegetables, noodles, pasta and even desserts, I know its sound weird , but its delicious.
What are the different types of Miso?
There are so many different varieties of miso paste, and it’s all down to their texture, how long they’re fermented for, colour and so on. The most popular imported varieties are white (otherwise known as shiro miso) and red/brown (aka miso).
As a general rule -the darker the color of the miso, the saltier and stronger the flavor, as it’s been aged for longer. My preference is white miso- sweet and mild, and I really love what it adds to a recipe.
Cooking with Miso?
I’m a big fan of the umami flavor that miso brings to a dish so I have this recipe for Miso Chicken Bites you definitely should try.
Where I can buy Miso?
Miso paste is widely available from supermarkets – you’d typically find it near other Japanese ingredients in most grocery stores. If not, you’ll definitely find it at your nearest Asian grocer, or online.
- It’s done in 20 minutes
- Easy weeknight dinner
- Have amazing flavor
- It is low budget and an amazing flavorful dinner/lunch
- Marinating your meat is very important. You can marinate it from 15 minutes up to 24 hours. The longer you marinate, the more flavor your meat will have.
- Use high heat! This way everything fries up quickly.
- Use White Miso for this recipe. instead red
Miso Chicken Bites
For Marinating the Chicken:
- Cut the chicken to small bites sizes, but not too small. put it in a medium size bowl and add all the ingredients for marinating the chicken and mix everytning well.
- Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes up to 24 hours. the longer marinate the better it taste.
- In a wok or a non stick pan add 2-3 tbsp oil over medium high temperature and cook the chicken until golden brown. Usualy takes 2-3 minutes per site or until fully cooked.
- in a mean time mix all ingridients listed above for the dipping sauce. You may serve the miso chicken bites it self but i like with the chili sauce. It is totaly optional.
- Serve with the chili sauce is totally optional.
- Use white miso for this recipe
- You can find miso paste in any Asian store or online.