Easy, Delicious, Home made! When you’re looking for the perfect vinaigrette- this is the ONE. With the perfect balance of sweet from the honey and tangy from the white wine vinegar this is the most delicious and easy vinaigrette to make. This homemade Italian Dressing will make you throw away and forget about the store bought dressings.
Italian Dressing is one of the most popular dressing in U.S and love by everyone. How is possible not to? It’s simple, flavorful and can be used for a variety of dishes! Making your own dressings its not just cheap but healthy and gives you full control over the amount of salt and sugar you consume. No added sugar, no preservatives, no artificial anything! This vinaigrette is super easy to make and use your kitchen stapler ingredients. Nothing fancy, but super delicious.
Despite its name, Italian dressing is not used in Italy, where salad is normally dressed with olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice.
You can find so many variety of the Italian dressing, but the basic of this dressing is a vinaigrette type that consists oil, vinegar or lemon juice, sugar, herbs and spices(such as oregano, dill, salt, mint) and sometimes, onion and garlic. This kind of salad dressing is vastly popular in the American cuisine, where is also used as a marinade for meat, vegetables or stir-fry.
How to use the dressing:
This dressing will be fantastic on any of your favorite salads. This vinaigrette is good with quinoa, arugula or spinach. And beside the obvious to be used on salads, I used it to marinate my chicken, pork, fish and vegetables. One easy recipe that you can used on almost everything. Win Win for me.
- Amazing flavor
- Healthy and Low Fat
- Simple Ingredients list
- No Dairy, No Sugar
- The perfect combination of tangy and sweet
- Delicious, Versatile
How to Store the vinaigrette:
What I also love about this dressing is that you can make a lot and store it in the tight lid containers in the fridge for up to 3-4 weeks. If you find the oil starts to separate out from the dressing, give it a vigorous shake for 1-2 minutes before using it to re-emulsify the ingredients.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. red paper flakes
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper - or to taste
- 3/4 tsp. salt - or to taste
- 1- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- Blend ingredients: Add all the ingredients to a jar, place the lid and close it. Shake it well until all the ingredients are well blended.
Serve: Serve drizzled over your favorite salad. The dressing will need to be shaken again before serving.
- Both red and white wine vinegar work beautifully in this dressing. Feel free to go with whichever you have on hand. I tend to opt for white more than the red.
- Season to your preference! Make this dressing to your liking.
- This dressing will need to be shaken each time before serving! The oil and ingredients will separate after a while in the fridge.
- You can store you Italian Dressing in the fridge in an airtight container or jar with a lid for about 3-4 weeks.