It is time to enjoy the outdoors now that the weather has warmed up in North America. Its officially Summer one of my favorite seasons of the year. Summertime is synonymous with a tasty bowl of salad, don’t you think?
Packed with flavor, texture, crunch and the perfect amount of dressing. If you’re a fan of those fresh, savory, herbaceous Mediterranean flavors, then get ready to meet your new favorite meal. Add some protein to this salad and your dinner is ready.
Did I said how quick and easy this salad is? I think that’s what makes it so awesome, not just the flavors! If you are like me, you probably love salad of any kind and eat them all year long, not only during the summer. I love salads that have different proteins on it such as Chopsticks Shrimp Salad with Volcano Peanut Dressing, Orzo Pasta Salad with Shrimp and Feta Cheese, but like I said I am a salad girl.
What Else Can I Use In This Mediterranean Salad?
The great thing about this salad is that you can customize it the way you like. Adding your favorite protein or veggie is up to you. Here is a few Ideas for you:
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Perfect meal it self
- Perfect side dish for parties and big gatherings
Hello Summer Barbeque! You can serve this salad on its own or just add your favorite protein and voila-Dinner is done in no time. Fresh, Summery, delicious. crunchy, salty everything in a bowl of healthy salad.
My favorite way to have this Easy Mediterranean Salad is to serve with :
- Pork Souvlaki (Greek Pork Skewers)
- Chicken Patties with Dill Aioli
- Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- Fried Chicken Bites Recipe
Just writing about all of this makes me so hungry. So lets just get going.
Easy Mediterranean Salad
- In a mason jar add all the ingredients for the dressing, closed with the lid and shake well. Leave at a side until ready to use.
- In a larger bowl arrange, cucumber, green onion, bell pepper, feta cheese, tomatoes, and olives together. Sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley and drizzle the preparade dressing over the salad. Mix well. You can serve with your favorite protein as well.