Easy, moist, perfect and delicious Banana and Coffee Chocolate Cup Cakes that everyone will crave for. This is a gourmet cupcake made at home and is not just delicious, but easy to make. The results are amazing, and they are always a crowd pleasure. Top it off with my astounding cream cheese and caramel frosting, and you have the ultimate delight.
These are perfect for birthday parties, holiday parties or just because you are craving something amazing. To be honest with you, they are my guilty pleasure. What is not to love? Chocolate, banana and caramel-the ultimate sin pleasure.
What makes this cup cakes different from other recipe?
These cupcakes are perfectly moist and light without the use of sour cream. Using a banana makes them not just tasty, but moist as well. Unlike the other recipes, I use a whole egg instead of just egg whites, making them more velvety in texture. This recipe is being perfected over the years and is a winner. It’s a winner recipe with no room for mistakes. This Easy Homemade Banana and Coffee Chocolate Cup Cakes are so easy that even a person who never bake can make them. So basically this easy cupcake recipe is the result of everything I’ve learned over years of perfecting them.
I absolutely adore chocolate cake. Especially this one that is incredibly moist and chocolaty! And please don’t be turned off by the coffee. The cake doesn’t taste at all like coffee. The coffee just makes the chocolate taste even more chocolaty and more dimensional!
- IT’S SO EASY to make- just mix all dry ingredients and then combine with the wet ingredients.
- Takes only 15 minutes to make them
- These Easy Homemade Banana and Coffee Chocolate Cup Cakes are moist, chocolaty and fluffy.
- The coffee makes them more rich and chocolaty and give them a amazing depth of flavor
- Perfect for parties and birthdays
- Takes only few minutes to prep
- Using the coffee it will not just make the cake moist but chocolaty
- Adding banana is not just to taste better but makes it moist as well and its a way to add some fruits for my kids even if its in the cup cakes:)
- Always pre-heat oven
- Mix in separate bowls dry and wet ingredients
- Do not overfilled the cupcake tin. You need to leave room to rise and get the perfect dome.
When it comes to what to top the cupcakes, the variations are endless. You can do buttercream you can do chocolate ganache, cream cheese frosting or just whipped cream. Basically whatever you desire or like I say whatever my heart’s wants.
In our family, our favorite is a mix of butter and cream cheese with homemade whiskey caramel sauce. It’s a few ingredients to make the perfect frosting.
Easy Homemade Banana and Coffee Chocolate Cup Cakes
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa powder - unsweetened
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 large bananas - mashed
- 1 cup warm coffee or water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 1 large egg - room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanila extract
- Pre heat oven to 350°F and place the rack the center of the oven.
- Fill a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk together dry ingredients, breaking up most of the cocoa clumps.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients and the mashed bananas.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk just until the ingredients come together and no dry streaks remain. Batter will be a little loose and lumpy.
- Use a Ice-cream scoop or a spoon to portion batter, filling each cup 2/3 full (do not over-fill). Bake 20 minutes – that was the perfect time for me or up to 22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely to room temperature before frosting.
- do not over-fill the cup cake liners
- Bake 20-22 minutes depends on the oven you have
- you can freeze them if you like without frosting. To defrost leave in the fridge overnight