In search of a tasty summer snack? Look no further than these fresh cucumber appetizers. We make it easy (and delicious!) to utilize your farmers market haul.
I always get requests for the recipe for these canapes whenever I serve them. They’re delicate finger sandwiches with a creamy herb spread that brings the summer vibes. For something cool on a hot day, we mix soft cream cheese, fresh dill straight from the garden, capers, lemon zest for extra flavor and brightness serve on top of crunchy cucumber wheels.
I first tried this at a family gathering and was blown away! And since then I have made it for any parties that I host or when I am invited to. Besides being tasty, these little Cucumber, Cream cheese, Lemon -Dill Bites are extra awesome because you can make them ahead of time. At parties, I often triple the recipe because they disappear fast.
They are easy to make and will add a touch of old-fashioned elegance to your next party!
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Only few ingredients
- Perfect side dish for parties and big gatherings
- Gluten free
- Use English cucumbers
- Good quality cream cheese
- Don’t skip the dill-bring such a unique flavor to the dish and freshness.
- Leave the cream cheese at room temperature to get soft, that way its easy to mix and combine everything together
- Let the bites out the fridge for 15 minutes before serving.
Cucumber, Cream cheese, Lemon -Dill Bites
- Leave the cream cheese on room temperature for at least 15 minutes to soften up. In a mean time prep all your ingredients to make the spread.
- In a mixing bowl add the soft cream cheese , fresh chopped dill, a few drops of lemon juice, the zest of the lemon and caper.
- Mix well everything.
- Pipe the mixture on top of the cucumber wheels. Garnish with extra lemon zest and dill.
- Serve at room temperature.