As you already know I love Asian cuisine. My favorite dishes are anything with noodles, but nothing beats a home made Ramen soup. It’s hard to beat spicy noodles, but holy smokes – these are unreal. This Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup is easy to make but the flavor is full- on- high. Spicy noodles are the best, but these are a whole lot better than anyone could have imagined.
Flavorful broth, shitake mushrooms, succulent chicken and my favorite-baby bok choy! Yes it is delicious! and Yes you can make it at home. No need to go to the fancy Asian restaurants to get a good Ramen. Not only can you save money, but you can enjoy the fresh taste of flavorful easy Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup. When you make it from scratch with the right ingredients, it will taste great, and it doesn’t take much effort to make.
If you enjoy eating ramen and normally order it from different restaurants, you should try making it at home. Not only can you save money, but you can enjoy the fresh taste of flavorful Easy Chicken Ramen. It is not a difficult dish to make, and it will taste great when you make it from scratch with the right ingredients.
What You’ll Need to Make the Easy Chicken Ramen
Before you get ready to make Easy Chicken Ramen, make sure you have the essential ingredients needed to prepare it:
- Chicken Thighs
- Lite Soy Sauce
- Ramen Noodles
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Chicken Broth
- Baby Bok Choy
- Chili Sauce
- Graded Ginger
Additional ingredients needed such as oil, garlic, salt and black pepper and if you like you can add some sesame seeds.
- It’s done in 45 minutes
- Have amazing flavor
- It is low budget and an amazing flavorful dinner/lunch
This soup is full of aromatics and flavors, amazing to heat you up during the cold winter days or if you are like me I have this soup even in the hot summer days.
- It takes a few hours to develop such a wonderful broth, so I always make extra and freeze the extra for later.
- You can use fresh made noodles or dry ones, either way the soup will be delicious, just make sure you cook the noodles separately, otherwise you will end up with cloudy broth.
- If you are using a store broth chicken broth to develop a really good flavor add to the broth some mushrooms 9 such as shitake, button mushrooms, green onion and a package of the seasoning from the dry ramen noodles and boil for 20 minutes.
- For extra flavor marinated the chicken while you are making the broth.
- Add white miso to the marinate and the broth for dep and rich flavor
How to Store the Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup
Store your Easy Chicken Ramen in a large food container with a lid. You can keep it refrigerated for up to five days, reheating it in the microwave or on the stovetop when you want to have another bowl of it. You can store your ramen in the freezer for up to three months to save it a bit longer. My tip is have the broth in the container and just add to cook the dry ramen noodles after you defrost. I personally think that noodles are not ideal for freezing.
Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup
For the chicken Marinade:
Marinate the chicken:
- In a medium size bowl, add the chicken tights cut to small pieces. Add all the ingredients listed above for the marinade and mix well everything. Let it sit a side while you are making the Ramen broth.
For the Chicken Ramen broth.
- Heat a large stock pot and add 1 tbsp. oil. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chopped shitake mushroom and brown button mushrooms and cook until soften, about 2-3 minutes Add the 6 cups chicken broth, the dry shitake mushrooms, light soy sauce, fish sauce and cook and let it boil.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- In mean time cook the dry noodles separately by following the instructions on the package.
- Heat a skillet and cook the marinated chicken breasts for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked. Once done remove the chicken and keep it aside.
To serve and assemble the ramen soup:
- Add the baby bock choy and the cook ramen and then add the broth. Top with the chicken and garnish with scallions, chili sauce and sesame oil.
- Chili sauce is a staple in the Asian cooking. If you don’t like spicy skip it and the dish will be equally delicious.
- Don’t skip to marinade the chicken- it makes the chicken more flavorful
- Use a chicken tights- they are more juicy and succulent than the breast
- Add white miso paste to the marinade for extra depth of flavor