This creamy and cheesy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a easy recipe that tastes like it came from a restaurant. This super simple yet delicious recipe is great for making a meal that will impress your dinner guests. Ready in just 30 minutes!
I share with you so many Delicious pasta dishes from classic spaghetti Bolognese to Pasta Carbonara, Penne Pasta and Sausage in Homemade Marinara Sauce and this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is the perfect pasta recipe for midweek meals as well as easy pasta dishes you can rustle up using your cupboard ingredients.
Despite the fact that we enjoy different things, there is one thing we can agree upon: We all enjoy well-prepared food! As Virginia Woolf said in one of her books: “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
Fettuccine Alfredo is one of my favorite dishes to order when I go to a restaurant. When you enjoy a plate of dreamy, creamy, cheesy pasta, you’re getting something quite special. This is a real treat my friends. This is the ultimate comfort food in a bowl.
This is my to go recipe for a quick and delicious creamy and cheesy pasta during the busy week nights and as you know me I like to put a spin on each dish. Here I am adding some peas for extra sweetness and texture. Believe me you will make the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo that way from now on. Also this is my kids favorite pasta dish. The other great think about this dish is that is done in 30 minutes.
Cook up this Easy and quick pasta dish in one pan, then get a glass of wine and enjoy delicious and simple midweek meal. It’s budget-friendly too, making it a great meal for the family.
What is Fettuccine Alfredo
Fettuccine Alfredo or fettuccine al burro “fettuccine with butter” is an Italian Pasta dish of fresh made fettucine tossed with butter and parmesan cheese. As the cheese melts, it emulsifies the liquids to form a smooth and rich creamy sauce to coat the pasta. he dish is named after Alfredo di Lelio, who featured the dish at his restaurant in Rome in early to mid-20th century. This dish became famous because Alfredo was serving it with a golden spoon and fork. The dish became widespread and eventually spread to the United States, where it remains popular. The recipe has evolved-adding other ingredients such as heavy cream, chicken, broccoli etc.
The next time when you feel like gorging on a bowl loaded with goodness and carbs, because you have too much salads and feel like is time to have well balanced diet, make this Chicken Fettuccine and you will Thank me.
You don’t need to travel to Italy to have delicious Pasta dish for dinner, nor need to go to fancy restaurant either. You can have this mouthwatering ,heavenly good dish at the comfort of your home. Italians don’t eat only because they feel the need to, they eat because food is something you should dedicate yourself to, something you should enjoy.
Did you know that typical traditional meals in Italy contain four or five courses? During lunchtime and dinnertime, but also especially during weekends, meals in Italy can last for hours, much longer than in other cultures.
Could you guess why? It’s simple. Meals are often seen not for sustenance, but as a time to spend with family and friends, to enjoy each other’s company and forget for some time every day’s burdens and duties.
- It’s done in 30 minutes
- Easy weeknight dinner
- Amazing flavor
- You can use any type of pasta – spaghetti, linguini, fettuccine, etc.
- You can make the sauce in advance. Simply, freeze it, and use it when you are making the dish
- Simple and affordable ingredients
- Add frozen peas for flavor and texture
- Cook your pasta al dente and finish cooking it in the sauce- that way the pasta absorbs all the flavors
- Always save pasta water to added into your sauce-this is pure gold
What Can I Serve This Pasta With?
Like I said this is perfect meal as is, but if you want to make a Italian feast you bet I have the perfect flavor enhancers to make it :
- Quick and Easy Minestrone Soup
- Spinach and Strawberries Salad with Blue Cheese Crumbles and Mustard Vinaigrette
- Fall Salad with Cranberries, Walnuts, Feta Cheese and Dijon Vinaigrette
- Arugula and Fennel Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Caesar Fondue Salad
- Kale, Quinoa and Orange Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 12 ounces Fettuccine - uncooked
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 pound chicken tights - boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Drop in the pasta all at once and quickly bring the water back to boil, stirring occasionally. Cook the pasta for 7 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain well. Leave some of the pasta water
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan melt the 2 tbsp. of butter. Season the chicken with salt and pepper then add to the saucepan. Cook until slightly golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the 4 tbsp of butter over medium-high heat in the same pan then add the white wine and cook for a 1 minute, then add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and stir to combine everything together. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the frozen peas. Taste the sauce for salt and pepper and season as necessary.
- Add the chicken and fettuccine back to the saucepan and toss everything together and continue cooking until heated through.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley and serve immediately.