Trying to pull of the Best Valentines Day Brunch off your dreams? Running out of ideas? Don’t worry we got you covered. Whether your go-to order is a simple omelet or pancakes it’s easy to create a restaurant-worthy brunch spread at home.
This Bloody Mary Shrimp Appetizer is what you need. You don’t need to be pro to make this elegant restaurant quality appetizer.
Shrimp cocktail meets everyone’s favorite Sunday-morning drink. In other words, this is a vodka-infused shrimp cocktail in a spoon. What is not to LOVE about this appetizer?
This amazing appetizer is done in less then 20 minutes. I love it when I don’t need to spend my whole day in the kitchen to come with something delicious.
I know some people want flashy recipes and fancy ingredients, but some (if not most) of us want simple, basic, and satisfying recipes. That’s what this recipe is about. To make a few ingredient’s taste delicious.
- Perfect for big parties and gatherings
- Amazing Valentines ‘Day Appetizer
- Made with easy to find natural ingredients
- Easy to make with no fuss
- Perfect to make ahead dish
Minimal amount of prep work, short list of ingredients and no big mess after you are done with the cooking. This is the perfect easy and delicious appetizer for anyone who doesn’t want to spend much time in the kitchen.
To get the perfect seared and juicy shrimp you need to get a few things right.
- You can use fresh or frozen Shrimp. If you use frozen make sure they are fully defrosted
- We will Bake the shrimp. Yes BAKE-takes only 5-6 minutes and they are juicy and tender.
- Pad dry the shrimp before baking
- Season well the shrimp before cooking
- Keep an eye on your shrimp, you don’t want to overcook them and make them rubbery
- The Meat off the shrimp will turn combination of white, pink and opaque when it’s finished cooking.
- Every oven is different, and the size of your shrimp will depend on the cook time, but it takes 5-6 minutes for shrimp to be done.
If you have any leftovers you can keep the shrimp in the fridge for 3-4 DAYS in an airtight container, so feel free to make them ahead of time!
Bloody Mary Shrimp Appetizer
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Make sure the rack is in the middle position.
- Pat it dry the shrimp with paper towels and add then to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the shrimp and season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Toss well, making sure the shrimp is fully coated, add more oil if needed.
- Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet or casserole dish in a single layer. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp turns white, pink and opaque .
- Remove from oven and set a side.Cool to room temperature, about 15-20 minutes.
Make the Bloody Mary Sauce:
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients listed above.
- Just before serving cut shrimps to bites sizes and put them in a bowl, stir sauce into shrimp mixture. Let them stay in the sauce for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Spoon shrimp pieces and sauce into each soupspoon and arrange spoons on a platter. Garnish with lemon slices, celery leaves and sprinkle some celery salt on top.
- Shrimp can be cooked and tossed with vegetables 4 hours ahead, then chilled . Before serving leave them put of the fridge for 30 minutes on room temperature.
- Sauce can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.