Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Bundle are easy to make for a week night dinner, and also a perfect side dish for a special dinner.
Who said green beans should be bland and boring?
Wrapped in smoky bacon and drizzled with maple syrup , this crispy green beans are roasted (or Air fried) until golden perfection.
Bacon and green beans are great together, a classic, marriage made in heaven, so I want it to make something new and not traditional. As you know I like Big, Bold Flavors. On one of my super club dinners with my girlfriends I try this recipe, but it was with brown sugar. It was delicious.
So I was thinking what can I make this week for dinner, that is easy, delicious and healthy and I decided to make these little Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Bundles but instead brown sugar I used a Maple syrup.
Veggie sides are essential at every meal, but bacon-wrapped green beans also make a great appetizer. You can serve them with almost every meal.
- We love these because they can be prepared ahead of time and roasted before serving.
- Great Appetizer
- Perfect side dish to almost every meal
- Perfect side for big gatherings and special dinners
- We love to have it on our table for the Holliday Season as a side dish
- Use a regular cut of Bacon. Thick cut bacon needs longer to cook which will cause the beans to overcook. Pre-cook bacon can be use as well.
- Blanch the green beans (boil and then ice bath) the green beans for the best texture.
- Be sure to dry them well before wrapping.
- Use fresh green beans if possible
- Pre heat oven
- You can Bake or Air fry them.
What is Blanching?
Blanching means boiling vegetables quickly and then putting them into ice water to stop the cooking process.
Blanching green beans helps them keep their bright green color, preserves their ‘snap’ texture, and improves their flavor.
Pro tip: Ad a pinch of salt and baking soda to the boiling water. Keeps them a bright green color and works for almost any green veggie. Have a ice water in a bowl next to you and put the veggies from the salted boiling water into the ice bath.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Bundles
- 1- 11/2 pound green beans - 6-8 beans per bundle
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- salt & paper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda - for blanching
- 1/2 tsp. salt - for blanching
- Pre heat oven to 425 F.
- Trim and wash green beans. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the baking soda and salt. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes until tender-crisp. With a slotted spoon remove from boiling water and place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking process.
- Dry the beans well with a paper towel or kitchen paper. Seasoned the beans with salt and pepper.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap around about 6-8 green beans, secure with a toothpick, and place on a parchment-lined pan.
- Brush over each bundles with maple syrup.
- Roast 15-18 minutes or until bacon is crisp and the bundles of beans are slightly roasted.