Looking for party-worthy finger foods that take 20-30 minutes or less from start to finish. Something that is gourmet and at the same time easy. This Bacon Wrapped Dates with Blue Cheese fit the bill. This is the perfect appetizer for your Valentine’s Day elegant dinner and as well for a Game Day Snack- its a win win dish.
This little finger food treats are just amazing- the perfect combination of sweet, salty and savory. I love the combination of the sweet notes from the Medjool dates and the saltiness from the cheese and bacon. For me this is just the ultimate delight.
Every single time I made this little gems they are always a hit.
Honestly I don’t remember when was the first time I try the Bacon Wrapped Dates with Blue Cheese, but since than I love them. Whether you are looking for something elegant to serve or a tasty appetizer for the Super Bowl Game Day this is one of those versatile appetizers.
- Perfect for big parties and gatherings
- The ultimate Super Bowl Appetizer
- Amazing Valentines ‘Day Appetizer
- Reheats perfectly -you can make it in advance
- Perfect Freezer food
- Made with easy to find natural ingredients
- Easy to make with no fuss
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Blue Cheese
- 12 oz. Medjool Dates - about 20 large pitted dates
- 20 pieces bacon - uncooked
- 4 oz. blue cheese - creamy soft blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the side of each date with small paring knife (being careful not to cut all the way through) and add a pinch of blue cheese and stuff it inside. Press the date back together and wrap each date with a half slice of bacon.
- If at all possible, try to keep the cheese cut-side facing up, with the bacon cut-side facing down. This will help keep the cheese from cooking out while also keeping the bacon wrapped around each date.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and cook through.Remove from oven and let it cool down for a 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm or a room temperature.